Employees Are Talking – Are You Listening?
This experiential workshop is designed to help leaders understand why consistent engagement of the frontline is an essential part of being an employer of choice and how companies can start to build an environment and culture that foster trust and belonging.
What to Expect
Through this interactive experience, attendees will:
- Understand why and how prioritizing employee voice can address pressing talent challenges like low retention
- Assess their workplace culture and attitudes toward worker voice, determine if enabling conditions exist, and identify the behaviors associated with them
- Generate an implementation plan to create enabling conditions that position employee voice as an asset
- Multiply their network of peers, subject matter experts and resources to support ongoing DEIB, job quality, and employee voice efforts
Who Should Participate
We want to hear from:
- Teams of 3-4 Human Resources, Operations and DEIB leaders from employers that have a frontline workforce
- Employers that recognize the value of authentically and effectively engaging frontline employees in order to address business challenges like low retention
- Employers that have already started to evaluate their DEIB practices and policies and/or employers who have started to think about employee engagement and culture in order to assess how they can equitably support the economic mobility of frontline employees
- Leaders who are committed to do the individual work of understanding power dynamics and the role they can play in effecting change
Attendees are required to attend every session: when an employer signs up for the workshop they are making a commitment to give their representatives the time and space to participate in each session fully.
Talent Rewire does not currently have any upcoming Employee Voice sessions scheduled. To learn more about how to bring Employee Voice name to your company or region, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch.