Are you committed to racial equity, but unsure of what your role is or where to begin? Are you struggling to adapt your business and frontline workforce to the changing nature of work? Our current health, economic, and racial justice crises offer an opportunity for employers to examine their talent practices and build a more resilient company where humanity and economy boosting jobs allow frontline employees to thrive.
In partnership with National Fund, we invite Fund for Our Economic Future partners to participate in a virtual Rewire Accelerator. The Accelerator is an interactive, applied-learning experience that combines 1-on-1 coaching with peer learning to help you navigate your most pressing talent challenges.
Through our time together, you’ll learn the tools and skills needed to pilot evidenced-based solutions to achieve your business goals and help your frontline employees thrive in this new world of work.
Whether you have been tinkering with your talent practices and racial equity goals for years or are just getting started, the Accelerator provides the structure, space, and support you need to spark new ways of thinking.
How it Works
The Accelerator combines 1-on-1 coaching support with a small cohort of 5-8 other like-minded employers for a unique learning experience based on the principles of Design Thinking and User Centered Design.
1-on-1 Coaching Support
Before joining the employer cohort of the Accelerator, your company will receive individualized coaching support to identify and examine your talent data and walk-through your results from the Opportunity Navigator assessment.
Timing: Coaching begins in January leading up to the cohort portion in March.
Employer Cohort Modules
The bulk of the Accelerator is made up of six 2.5-hour interactive virtual sessions that bring employers together to learn best practices, share ideas, support one another, and identify solutions to your most pressing challenges.
Timing: Modules take place every Wednesday beginning March 16 and running through May 25.
Modules at a Glance
- Module 1: Understand how community dynamics impact your frontline employees
- Module 2: Assess your internal policies and practices to identify areas where you have the most potential for impact
- Module 3: Develop your vision for the future that addresses your most pressing talent needs
- Module 4: Test your vision with frontline employees and individuals who have experienced barriers to employment
- Module 5: Refine your vision and create an action plan to bring it to life
- Module 6: Learn how local resource partners can support you with pilot implementation
Additional Coaching Support
Upon completion of the Accelerator, you’ll receive additional coaching support to help get clear on next steps, build buy-in from senior leaders, and get access to resources needed to make your pilot a success.
Join a growing community of employers dedicated to
helping their frontline employees thrive.
“Being a part of the Lab has been incredibly energizing for me personally and for my team. Our work with Talent Rewire has given my team greater purpose and clarified how we can make our business goals around diversity and inclusion a reality.”
– Jonathan Heckert, Entergy
Are you a Good Fit?
The Rewire Accelerator is designed for HR, CSR, and Operations leaders who are passionate about creating equitable workplaces that offer their frontline employees pathways for equitable economic mobility. Given the unique structure of the Rewire Accelerator, participating employers:
- Be a Fund for Our Economic Future partner with significant operations in the U.S. that include “frontline roles.” These are low-barrier roles including, but not limited to, distribution, warehousing, assembly, manufacturing, call centers, delivery, food service, and retail
- Have a CHRO or senior leader who is either able to participate or supportive of staff participation and can sign an MOU regarding expectations for participating and testing a talent practice change
- Must send a minimum of two representatives (ideally a combination of HR, CSR, and/or Operations) who can complete all pre-work and attend all six sessions for the duration and who are able to dig into your company’s workforce data
- Should have identified a business need or opportunity related to their frontline workforce they’d like to address through a pilot (big or small!)
- Are committed to addressing racial equity and are interested in innovating new talent practices to address changing demographics, the future of work, and/or income inequality.
- Have a personal commitment and/or interest in equitable systems change
- Can access Zoom for video calls and Mural and the Google Suite for collaboration
What’s Expected of You
The Rewire Accelerator is generously funded by philanthropy so there is no cost to employers. To get the most out of your experience and prepare you to make change at your company, participants are expected to:
- Dig into your employee data. Reviewing internal data can help you see the potential for change. We’ll ask you to disaggregate employee data by race and gender in order to better understand who you are hiring and retaining. You don’t need to share the data directly with us, but you’ll need to be able to discuss the implications and high-level findings.
- Test a new approach to support your frontline employees. This could be a small shift to your policies or practices (i.e. surveying your frontline employees to understand their experience better or finding ways to communicate your benefits package) to something bigger (i.e. developing career pathways).
- Share your story about your pilot. Our belief is that once more employers try new practices and can document the business value, then other employers will be more likely to implement those same practices. We’ll help you get your story out through a brief case study, blogs, webinars and conference placements.
Thank you for expressing interest in joining the Rewire Accelerator! Please click here by Friday, January 7 to apply for the upcoming cohort.
If you are interested in joining a future Accelerator please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to sign up for our newsletter to be among the first to learn of new offerings.